- Field trips are 90 minutes.
- Field trips MUST be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
- Times are first come first served.
- Teachers are free. Chaperone ratio is 1:5. Any chaperone over the ratio will need to pay the $5 field trip fee. (Chaperones must be 18 or older.)
- Mondays are available for field trips with a minimum of 10 students; Maximum of 150 students. (Wonderscope is closed on Mondays to the general public.)
- Tuesday through Friday field trips are available for a minimum of 8 students; maximum of 50 students.
- Mondays 9:30am-12:00pm
- Tuesdays 9:30am-2:30pm
- Wednesdays 9:30am-2:30pm
- Thursdays 9:30am-2:30pm
- Fridays 10:00am-2:00pm
Please do your best to arrive at your scheduled time to experience all we have prepared for you. We will do our best to accommodate any groups that are late or early, but may not be able to do so if there are other groups scheduled in the museum. If groups arrive late, the field trip may have to be abbreviated due to scheduling considerations.
50% of payment is due at time of reservation. The remainder is due upon arrival. *We do not accept purchase orders. We accept Discover, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Check and Cash. Refunds are not possible.
- Ages 2+ $5/child
- Chaperone $5 (over ratio)
Discount Field Trips
Title 1* schools in Cass, Clay, Jackson, and Platte counties in Missouri, and Johnson, Leavenworth, and Wyandotte counties in Kansas are eligible for discounted field trips through our 100% donor-supported Wonder Fund. Apply online.
We understand parent chaperones may need to bring siblings on your field trip. Please add siblings into your numbers when registering or have parents come to the front desk to pay at the beginning of the field trip. Children under the age of 2 are FREE and do not need to be included in the overall count. If siblings get in at the field trip rate, they do not qualify for any additional discounts or coupons.
Spaces for your group to enjoy lunch are available and free of charge. Due to limited space, space must be reserved in advance (1/2 hour maximum time allotted). Our indoor lunch spaces seat up to 30 children comfortably, and outdoor eating space is available during warm-weather months.
To have the best experience possible, we suggest that you break your students up into small groups of 3 to 6 children plus a chaperone before you arrive at the museum. We ask that you respect the Guidelines for Fun and Safe Play while at the museum:
- Always use walking feet; NO RUNNING
- Keep your shoes on at all times
- All children under the age of 16 years MUST be accompanied by an adult
- Children and adults MUST stay together
- Always use your helping hands to put things back where they belong!
If Wonderscope staff feels that the rules are not being adhered to, Wonderscope reserves the right to end the field trip early.
Reservations made are considered firm and no shows will be invoiced for the full amount of the reservation. If we do not receive phone contact from you to cancel or reschedule, you automatically will be billed for your reservation.
In the event of an emergency that causes your group to cancel your reservation, we will make every attempt to reschedule your group. Refunds are not possible.
If your group must make changes due to inclement weather, please call 816-643-6700 to notify Wonderscope staff of any delays, cancellations or the need to reschedule; however, if Wonderscope should close due to inclement weather, we will make every effort to work with the group leader to reschedule the field trip for a later date.